Thursday, July 31, 2008

N.W.A...

No, I’m not talking about the group, I’m talking about actual Negroes With Attitudes! A male with an attitude can be classified as that guy who is just sensitive, gets mad at EVERYTHING, is always offended, always feels disrespected, etc., I could go on. This is a horrible trait, and I find that it’s becoming more common among the male breed. Bottom line, leave the attitudes to the ladies! Now, if I blatantly disrespected you, then be mad at that…but don’t get an attitude because I called you at 4:03 instead of 4:00 when you requested. Gentlemen, I beg of you, these attitudes have got to go! If I’m not fussing, then why should you be? The last thing that we need is someone who is going to pick fights for no reason…that’s our job! On top of this, some males try to uphold this hardcore persona, pretending to be tough in front of friends, then will be the first ones to try and recite the poetry they wrote for you behind closed doors! Whatever, tell that to the next chick! I don’t mind someone being a little sensitive and affectionate, but don’t start with the attitude every time we have a conversation. The more attitude you have, the closer you come to getting moved into the “sensitive” category, and we all know you don’t want that. Now if something is genuinely bothering you, then let's sit down and talk about it like adults. Don’t play the “I have an attitude, so I’m not speaking to you” game or say “Whatever” when you KNOW you’re upset.

Here’s a scenario that recently took place in my life…we’ll call the guy, Chris:

Chris calls me. We engage in small talk, he talks about his day, and is anxious to tell me the new plans he has for his life, so I listen. He tells me that he’s looking to go into the medical field, got this new job at a hospital doing whatever he’s going to be doing. I ask him if it pays well, he says yea, it pays x amount of dollars an hour. I say, “That’s good. You will be fine since you don’t really have any bills to pay.” Ding ding! He gets offended. He says, “What grown man do you know doesn’t have bills to pay??” with a lot of attitude in his voice. Keeps up with the attitude, and we hang up a couple of minutes after. Mind you, Chris is not grown at all. He’s 21, in college, still lives with his mother, doesn’t have a car, etc. I figure the most he has to pay is a phone bill, and whatever he gives to his mother to help around the house. Now if I was wrong, let me know. But I don’t think the attitude was necessary at all. All he had to say was, “Yes, I do have bills,” and if he really wanted to put me in my place, he could’ve told me what they were. No, he had to go the other route and get all upset, trying to storm off the phone like a little girl. This is not the first time Chris has done this either. Every time we speak (which isn’t often), he always gets an attitude, tells me I’m mean, blah blah blah. Those who know me know I’m very sarcastic-this I cannot change. For him, I’ve tried to tone it down a little, just so we can have a decent conversation. I don’t know what his problem is, but I do know that he is a certified N.W.A.

I need feedback on this. If I was wrong, then I’ll call and apologize. If not, then I’ll let him have his little attitude for 2 more weeks, until he decides to call spilling his guts to me, and then gets an attitude when I don’t respond the way he wants (and no, I’m not exaggerating-he does actually do this)! If you have had a similar experience, let us know! Your opinions are always valued.

6 comments:

m.lallers said...

You know I have to comment on this one. You weren't wrong at all. Dudes are getting extremely sensitive nowadays. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with a guy who let’s you know how he feels and all that good stuff but don’t get all sassy with me. Man the eff up! I’ll give you my situation. So I was on the phone with dude when he said that he was a bit tired. I told him that maybe he should go to sleep and got ready to say bye. Before I could hang up, dude had this “great” idea that we should take a nap...together...over the phone. Why? So we could listen to each other “breathe.” I proceeded to let him know that not only would we be wasting minutes, we wouldn’t be able to hear each other breathing...because WE WOULD BE SLEEPING. He got all bent out of shape saying that he was showing a sweet gesture, I just threw it in his face and I didn't understand him. I don’t think I was rude at all. He was right about one thing, though. I didn't understand. I didn't understand WHY he wanted to catch an attitude because I had better things to do then hear some dude snoring over the phone.

Cashmere Thoughts said...

LMAO!!! HAHAHAHAHA...that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time...and they have the nerve to call us sensitive SMH. Males are drama, period.

Anonymous said...

LMFAO.... Chris is man with alot of estrogen in his system that's all... He was probably on the days of his period.... Don't worry about it

Anonymous said...

NWA is an epidemic facing our men/boyz of today...and it gots to go...and I mean really!!

why da hell you need a 'tude cuz of a simple question asked...booboo, homeslice, ma nigga...calm the hell down...leave the kickin and screamin to me...

i don't think u need to apologize...if booboo wanna kick and scream like a lil baby...then put booboo in TIME OUT!! shoot!

i gots to leave it at this cuz i'm gettin a lil worked up jus thinkin about it

{{im oyt}}

Internet Goon said...

1. please take that word verication off because i don't have good eyes...im guessing at all times.

2. but maybe i should man up so "TAKE THAT SHIT OFF!!"

3. haha...hmm, i feel like all that mushy stuff like staying on the phone happens in the honeymoon stage of a relationship, but it seems like yall are single and ready to mingle so Chris is softer than a baby's bottom...

4. but dont be all scared when a nigga starts "manning up"

5. and last i say that women have that sass too...sensitive punks...but sometimes yall have to "women up" too...cant be kicking and screaming like christina up there...yzr!!

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of feeling like the man in any relationship!!! it always happens. I don't think men are build to be void of emotion but I mean I'm dramatic enough!!!! And two drama queens in one relationship is just a little too much to deal with. I'm the type of person, when something is bothering me, and I'm really comfortable with the person, I just tell them how I feel. I wish I got the same respect back. I'm not a fan of the guessing game... not a fan of "nothings wrong" when something is blatantly wrong.... I don't think the problem is really attitude, I think it is dudes more commonly having female traits... and i mean I'm not a lesbian for a reason. i want to be the ONLY girl in the relationship!!! I love affection and attention a lot but the whole hissy fit, on your male period stuff makes me feel like i'm talking to one of my female friends and not a man!!....




and as for the boy Chris.. if he has a problem then he needs to notify, if he's such a grown man, he should act like it instead of having a temper tamptrum

p.s i've fallen asleep on the phone with a boy before and this was during the infactuation period... but we BOTH quickly got over it... i'm a light sleeper so the other person's snoring can wake me up sometimes! and all you're really left with is a hot phone on your face and a low battery